Bangalore goes by many names. To some, it’s the Garden City, to others the Silicon Valley of India, a few believe it has the best drinking culture the country has to offer, with breweries and pubs all across town. Of all the metros in India, it also certainly enjoys the best weather. What does this all mean? Simply that you do need around 20 days to really explore Bangalore. It will give you sufficient time to even explore some of the lesser-known, but certainly more enjoyable places. So let’s find out what they are:
- 1 Where To Go In Bangalore After Seeing The Most Popular Sites
- 2 Serviced Apartments in Bangalore
- 3 Short-Term Accommodation in Bangalore
Where To Go In Bangalore After Seeing The Most Popular Sites
1. Surya Book Stall
Any extended trip to a new city is best enjoyed with a book, preferably on the city and its culture. If you like to read, here is where you will find a number of books on the city’s history, culture and politics. The people here are friendly and the prices reasonable. It’s also a great place to interact with Bangalore’s most interesting people.
2. HAL Heritage Centre & Aerospace Museum
On the Old Airport road, visit a one-of-its-kind aerospace museum in India. See fighter planes, jet trainers and flight simulators.
3. Studio 10
Located in the popular Indiranagar area, Studio 10 is a great place to buy ethnic wear. From salwars with local prints to even vegetable dyed cloth, you’re likely to have a big shopping bill when you get here. But it will all be worth it. They even stitch clothing within two working days!
4. NIMHANS Brain Museum
Brains in jars! You can touch them too! At the museum on Hosur Main Road, brains, spinal cords and other organs are displayed and the best part is you’re allowed to touch and feel them. Take a guided tour for detailed information.
5. Nrityagram Dance Village
Established by classical dancers, this village is a holistic campus which holds workshops in Indian classical dances, puts up performances and is created in an authentic village architectural space.
6. Russell Market
Nearly a 100-years-old, the Russell Market, built by the British, is where Bangalore residents shop for household items, from curious to crockery. You are unlikely to find tourists here, given that the items on sale are all utilitarian. No frills, no fluff. So if you want anything from a coffee pot to make some filter coffee or authentic Kannadiga spices, here’s where to look.
This restaurant on Bannerghatta Road is no ordinary space. Situated in a beautiful garden, with plenty of shade, it’s the best place to get some peace and quiet from the hustle and bustle of the city. It’s a bit pricey, but you’ll certainly be in for a treat with their seven-course set menu!
Serviced Apartments in Bangalore
There are several logical and compelling factors that make staying in a service apartment the ideal way to spend an extended stay in Bangalore.
● They are more affordable than hotel stays, as the lease/duration calls for a discount.
● All amenities are available so you won’t have to lift a finger. These include wi-fi, laundry, stocked kitchen and utilities, 24/7 concierge, and cab assistance.
● Service apartments are more spacious as they include halls and living areas.
● You get the experience of living in an authentic home-style apartment without the hassles of cleaning and housekeeping.
● Service apartments are ideal to stay in whether you’re on a business trip, or travelling with family. They are spacious, private and secure.
● You can host meetings or quick conferences in the living area, also if travelling with family, there is more room to breathe and relax as opposed to a hotel room.
● Staying in a hotel room for over a long period of time can get tiresome and confining.
Short-Term Accommodation in Bangalore
Whether Indira Nagar, Bannerghatta, Whitefield, or Koramangala, the various localities of Bangalore are flourishing with a variety of serviced apartments. But how do you know which is the safest, the most cost-effective and provides maximum amenities?
Waste no time in hunting for information on forums and threads. Just book on Treebo – the most respected and trusted name in budget hotels in India, including a good range of serviced apartments in Bangalore. Get assured services, wi-fi and 24/7 concierge.
Don’t follow the conventional way of booking, travelling and sightseeing. Try something new every day during your long Bangalore stay and make every moment memorable.